Thursday, June 19, 2008

House Hunting

So Justin and I sold our house in Johnstown (YAY!) and we are closing on July 11th. Justin's company has graciously offered to pay to relocate us. The movers will be coming on July 9th to pack up all of our stuff. Now they will only keep our things in a storage unit for free for 30 days. This may become a problem because we have not found a new house yet and they charge an obscene amount to store our stuff after that!

We have looked at soooo many houses. We are looking in a lot of different areas because of where our jobs are located. Justin is now working in Cranberry Township and I am in Monroeville. We have been looking at houses in Cranberry Township, Hampton, Mars, McCandless, Pine-Richland..... GOSH! We plan on staying in this house for a long time so we want one that we really like and that will work for us when we have children in the future (yes Mom, I said in the future, as I have always said, if you would like to supplement my salary, I would gladly quit my job right now and start having babies).

Since we have a deadline of when we need to finalize an offer and have a closing date, we really need to find a house fast! Like within the next 2 weeks. We recently saw one in Hampton that we liked but not loved. I, of course, made a list of pros and cons for the house and thankfully, there are far more pros than cons but we're still not sure if it's "the one". We will be looking at 4 more houses this Sunday before deciding whether we want to put in an offer or not.

No comments: