This pasta was REALLY good! I am a pasta lover and could probably eat it every night so I love finding new sauce recipes. I would definitely make this again!
Penne with creamy tomato sauce with italian sausage
4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (I just used a little in the pan)1/2 cup vodka
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 2 cups basic tomato sauce1/2 cup heavy cream1 pound pasta1 cup parm. cheese, grated, plus extra for on top1 package italian sausage
Directions
1. Cook pasta 1 minute less than according to pasta.
2. In large saute pan, brown sausage, then remove and keep warm.
3. Add oil to pan and cook onions until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
4. Add vodka and cook until liquid has reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
5. Add tomato sauce and cream and cook until sauce has reduced by a third, about 10 minutes.
6. Add sausage and drained pasta to pan and toss to coat. Stir in cheese and serve hot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment