Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tortellini Primavera

I thought that this recipe was pretty good. I added more milk to make the sauce a little thinner and I think that next time I will only use half of the cream cheese the recipe called for. I also added red pepper flakes.


Tortellini Primavera

Ingredients:
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
½ cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp. margarine
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
8 oz. cream cheese (I will only use 4 oz. next time)
1 tomato, chopped
¼ cup milk (I added more milk to make the sauce a little thinner)
¼ cup parmesan cheese
1 t. Italian seasoning
salt and pepper, to taste
family size cheese-filled tortellini, cooked and drained (don't cook to tortellini too much or they will be mushy!)

Directions:
Heat margarine in a skillet. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic and sautee. Add all remaining ingredients except tortellini. Heat until all have melted together and are well blended. Cook until the mixture just begins to boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in tortellini.

No comments: