Monday, July 7, 2008

The last days in Johnstown

Justin and I have to go up to Johnstown on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week. The movers will be packing and loading the truck and then we close on Friday morning. I'm really happy that Justin's company offered to pay for a moving company but I have a feeling I'm going to go nuts before this is all over.

When we got the storage unit to stage the house, I packed up a ton of stuff. I thought I was just being nice because then the movers wouldn't have as much stuff to pack. Oh no, we found out that we had to unpack ALL the boxes. If we leave the boxes packed, then they will not be insured. If they aren't insured, then if they magically disappear, we won't be compensated. It costs extra money to have them unpack all the boxes so tomorrow night will be spent unpacking all my hard work!

I am also nervous about them moving our stuff in general. I have heard some horror stories about moving companies. I am just going to try to be as organized as possible and hopefully everything will be fine.

No comments: